The area immediately around the bunker is a dead zone for troops because explosive weaponry will hit this area if it does not hit dead on (for example, an AT gun round).
But beware, commanders should know that bunkers render most troops partially ineffective (extreme fire-rate lowering), with the exception of gunners. The following units and weapons are rendered almost completely or completely ineffective:
Mortars, Bazookas, Grenades, Snipers and M3 AT Guns.
It has been known that the Bunker may create a Trench instead despite showing the Bunker overlay before placement regardless of use of hotkeys or mouseclick.
The Invincible Bunker GlitchEdit
In the previous versions (before Patch 2.3) it was possible to place 2 bunkers close to each other to create Invincible Bunker, which made it practically impossible to lose both bunkers and the men inside it at the same time. Now bunkers can't be built too close to each other making SuckyJack's findings obsolete.
- The Bunker offers the most tactical buffs of all available structures. It is one of the most common structures in the game as it is often used in nearly every strategy for its ability to easily withstand grenade and mortar fire.
- One of the most popular tactics, for example, uses a gunner for the bonus to firing rate and a Frenchie/Medic in front to soak up any incoming bullets.
- Bunkers cannot block flames from V1s or enemy flamethrowers.
- In real life, if one tries fire a bazooka inside a bunker, it is most possible that the operators will get fried to a crisp due to the trapped exhaust flames. This problem is retained by the M72 LAW so Recoilless rocket weapons has a design criteria of exhaust fumes' volume.
- There's a bug when you buy your 3rd bunker a message would say "buy an bunker for 10 tactical points" but really its only costs 5 tp.
- When the bunker blow ups, it has the same animation as blowing up a rock