The M3 Grease Gun is a very effective short-range weapon, sporting an impressive rate of fire. This will most likely be the first automatic weapon you will use since it comes free with the engineer, whom is often one of the first units you will deploy in most strategies. Despite this, the M3 has a short effective range and is therefore not recommended as a long range weapon. However, it has a better range malus than a Tommy Gun, and is free (with the SpecOps or Engineer). Basically, this means the Grease Gun is more accurate out of its effective range, but its effective range is shorter. Overall, the M3 is an okay weapon.
- This submachine gun fired a .45 caliber and was opted for due to its mass-producability. The Thompson family of this caliber was being phased out due to the M3 Grease Gun being cheaper and easier to manufacture.
- Call of Duty 2 was the last Call of Duty game to include the M3 Grease Gun.
- The M3 was inspired by the British SMG Sten gun.
- The grease gun was used all the way up to the Vietnam war.
M3 Grease Gun VERSUS Tommy GunEdit
Advantages of M3 Grease Gun against the Tommy Gun
- Better range malus
- Better CQC
- Longer bursts (greater chance of killing enemy)
Disadvantages of M3 Grease Gun against the Tommy gun
- Shorter range
- Can't be bought
- Longer bursts (wasteful use of ammo, reloads are more frequent)