— Official game quote The PAK-38 is feared by many, as it has the power of an M3 AT Gun with a quicker firing rate. It will shoot when it stops about 1/3 at the top of the screen. A grenade will damage it and possibly kill the gunner, but a rocket or larger will completely destroy it.
The PAK is a notorious Bunker Buster,so watch your back. Sometimes it can be deadly accurate on it's first shot, so don't bunch your men together. It may hurt friends or foes (depending on who is closer by).
How do I destroy it?Edit
- The crew can be shot off, explosives work little wonders on it to. It can be destroyed by a few .50 caliber rounds as well, but it is hard to do and would be pushing the envelope. Gunners can also destroy it if they fire enough, although the crew is usually long dead by then.
- An experienced Spec Ops with a BAR will do the honor of killing it.
- Mortars are surprisingly good at taking these out, just make sure they've got a fair deal of exp. It is best not to rely on a tank to destroy it as the PAK-38 has a small hit box.
- Bazookas will also take it out.
- The HT gun boat does a decent job of shredding it into scrap metal.
- The PAK-38 may not create wreckage when blown to bits.
- The PAK-38 is a 50mm gun.
- The PAK-38 was famous for its low silhouette which made it hard to hit.
- A common strategy is to tell a medic or a scout to run very close to the PAK-38, and then to pray that it destroys itself.
- The 50mm shells would really just bounce off the Sherman's hull most of the time, but it kills it in one shot in the game.