take a reference from this video
the wespe blitz wavehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLMfkqX9pu8 "This folks is a WESPE. A German mobile Artillery piece. It's role is to stay behind and shell your position with its heavy cannon." — Official game quote
The Wespe is the most feared and talked about enemy currently in Mud and Blood 2. Its job is to create endless arty strike to shred your infantry and lighter constructions (like the Antenna) that aren't covered with a Bunker or Pillbox. It can also pose a threat to your bunkers. Also, the Wespe expels a giant "Gold Bar" shell casing when it fires. The good news is that the Wespe doesn't appear so commonly, so you can prepare for one. All fear the Wespe, and the Wespe fears only AT weapons. In real life there were multiple versions of the Wespe but they all served the same purpose, mobile Artillery.
It is also important to know that Wespe might stop directly to top of the battlefield, being invincible against bazookas. There are only a few things that will kill it, direct fire (Sherman, M3 AT Gun, Arty), it killing itself, moving your bazookas' positions or waiting for the Germans to change tactics, but it might too late by then so stay alert when dealing with one.
BEWARE: There is a blitz, where 6 of them come along and try to obliterate anyone and anything that you have in your defenses .
How do I destroy it?Edit
- Large explosives (bazooka rockets and up) will kill the Wespe entirely.
- The Wespe may kill itself if 5 or more men are on the top half of the screen and the Wespe fires.
- Arty/bomb drop can destroy the Wespe if everything else has failed and your signaler is still alive.
- Except that it really should be smaller, seeing that it has the chassis of a Panzer II.
- The Wespe is open-topped, yet you cannot see anybody inside.
- Upon firing, a shell casing (which looks like a gold bar) drops out.